Ralph peers at places
This is an introduction to 75-odd albums of photographs, plus a few words, that together form what is I guess the web equivalent of what was once many long and soporific evenings bathed in the light of a slide projector! They range from scans of ancient snapshots through converted, dusty colour slides (still working on that) to my latest digital images captuered by my Nikon DSLR, and of road trips, romantic vacations and afternoon rambles.
Many are happy snaps, many are "artistic," some mean more to me than you, and some are spectacular! They reflect a love of exploring, of peering closely at the finer details of places and of life, and of photography.
It's a resource that is probably indigestible in large amounts, but worth nibbling at...
The distant past
- I started school in the Yemen
- Some of what I remember from five years in Adelaide, South Australia.
The recent past
- Ralph in the USA, 1997
- Photographs and words resulting from a road trip in a Chevvy panel van called "Thunder."
- Ralph in Canada, 1997
- We drove across Canada from coast to coast, an amazing experience!
- Enough time to fall in love with this country.
- A brief and tantalising glimpse.
- Canada 2004
- Into the Rockies
- Canada 2007
- A sad visit to British Columbia
- Canada 2010
- We spent a whole summer in British Columbia
- I go in search of ghost signs
- A little of this country's colour and energy.
- We managed to cover a little of a large country.
- A short stay in Parma province.
- Gran Canaria
- Wanderings in a varied island.
- Volcanoes and art
- Volcanoes and clouds
- My impression of Mozart's city
- With a wind orchestra in this wonderful city.
- More wind players on tour
- We fall in love with another Mediterranean country
- Spain 2002
- Our first visit to Southern Spain
- Spain 2003
- Recovering from an exhausting year
- Spain 2005
- The rain in Spain...
- Spain 2006-7
- We visit the mountains
- Spain 2007-8
- We explore Murcia
- Spain 2009
- Reading week near Malaga
- Dublin, Limerick and places in betweeen
- North Wales
- Slate and castles
- South Wales 2006
- Coastal paths and old stones
- Wales, 2007
- Tramways and tramping
- Festival time
- A great and interesting city
- Up North, 2006
- Edinburgh and Berwick, castles and sand dunes
- Shropshire 2005
- At Large in Ironbridge
- Shropshire 2008
- Snailbeach and
- Cumbria 2005
- Chepstow, 2007
- One of our regular visits to the place where we met
- Cumbria 2005
- Fun at New Year
- Cumbria 2006
- Dorset 2006
- A visit to Eype
- Rails (not quite) to Ripley
- An abandoned branch in Derbyshire
- Faversham, 2005
- Where I was born
- Around Haversage
- We enjoy the Spring sunshine in Derbyshire...or perhaps it was and early summer!
We both love hiking and biking. Of course we don't do enough of either, but this is a selection of those rambles and rides we've tackled recently.
The copyright of all images and text on these pages belongs to Ralph Mills. They are reproduced at low resolution and small size to discourage misuse! However I usually give permission for their non-commercial use if asked nicely...